- 07-Jan-2014 to 05-Mar-2014 (CST)
- Houston, TX, USA
- $45,000 - $60,000
- Full Time
a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with company match and a bonus structure based on performance and results.
The Junior Systems Admin will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of all systems which include servers, PC's, Laptops and anything that is managed by the IT group. The Junior Systems Admin will require a working understanding of Network and Server and VM Administration along with some knowledge Software Development for troubleshooting issues as they arise. They will work with a Senior Administrator to maintain daily operations based on those processes that have been created and might require after hours work if needed.
Medco Medical Supply is a small family owned company that has been in business for over 40 years and provides needed medical supplies to both adults and children. Our Technology is used as a key enabler for both employees and customers and is at the core of our company's DNA to improve performance and scalability in day-to-day business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to work with little to no direction to achieve goals
- Must be able to remotely support staff when needed
- Must be able to manage environments remotely
- Must have understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Must be able to lift computers or other related items
- Must have working knowledge of how to deploy PC to users based on company standards
- Must have a working knowledge of SQL Servers.
- Must have a working knowledge of Web Servers and some Development processes.
- Must be able to trouble shoot issues and make decisions based on ones skills and experience
- Manage clients based on Active Directory
- Must be able to learn new technologies with little direction
- Perform other duties as required and identified by supervisor or Senior Admin
- Maintaining the network and systems in the production and development environments
- Troubleshooting all systems and network-related issues in the LAN/WAN/DMZ/VPN environments
- Suggesting solutions to overcome issues and solve future initiatives
- Monitoring network usage and resource utilization
- Documenting network and systems infrastructure and procedures
- Working with the Systems and Database Teams to ensure optimal integration of all network changes
- Assist in projects to support the IT infrastructure
We strive to offer an environment that provides our employees with the right balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Bonus structure based on performance and results
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and personal days
- In-office benefits such as massage chairs and fully stocked kitchen including a cappuccino machine.
- Office activities and events including baking, apparel, and decorating contests.
- Community involvement such as participating and raising funds for Buddy Walk.
- Casual Friday's
- Positive, friendly, and helpful atmosphere with a family like culture.
Education: Must possess an Associate's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
Experience in or Knowledge of:
- HP Windows 2003, 2008 Server
- Exchange 2007
- VMWare and Environment management
- Windows XP, 7
- Group Policies
- TCP/IP networking
- LAN/WAN/VPN/DMZ, switching, firewalls
- Demonstrated ability to properly develop and maintain accurate documentation.
- Other technologies that relate to responsibilities
- Managing Computers and Laptops and Switches
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to communicate with supervisor and teams
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!